Started In 1910 by the well respect black Morticician Mr. William H. Johnson who started his career in 1905 as assistant to Mr. J.A. Beasley assisting with black services. A graduate of the Cincinnati School of Embalming.
Mr. William H. Johnson
Located on Buford Street in a building which had served as an early black school the building was demoished in 2010 and is now a part of the site of the New Garrard County Judicial Center.
Operated by Horse drawn hearse until early 1920s
Served Garrard and the surronding Counties.
In 1914 at the age of Sixteen His daughter Beatrice jioned the business sewing the interior`s and installing handle on the wooden hand made coffins.
Mrs. Beatrice Johnson Bogle
In 1955 after the death of William H. Johnson his daughter Beatrice took over the operation of the business her son Maurice Bogle serving as the Motician.
Mr. Maurice Bogle
Mrs. Beatrice Johnson Bogle (Miss B.) operated the business 30 years 1955-1982